Sunday, March 28, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
The above "Devin Military Pea coat" from Delia's is precious. I love the look of it with some simple khaki pants.
"Riding Boots" are stylish, equestrian style boots that look professional, no matter what they're worn with. Skinny jeans, fun patterned skirts, and a comfy pair of cords all look nice with a pair of riding boots.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Well, CAROLINE TO THE RESCUE.
Here are a couple of items on my list, and a couple of 13-year-old-girl MUST HAVES.
- Hollister, Guy Harvey, American Eagle, Abercrombie, JCrew, and Ralph Lauren are always "in", no matter what the gender. Just a tip.
- iTunes giftcards always come in handy.
- Simple but elegant pieces like "Venetian link bracelet in sterling silver" by Tiffany & Co would be nice, or just a heart-shaped necklace from the nearest Target.
- Peacoats (thick wool or cotton jackets with large or extravagant shaped and sized buttons) are in style this winter, any color, any length.
- Curling iron. Girls love to change the shape of their hair.
- Make up, lip gloss, lotion... anything that allows us to pamper ourselves. Bath and Body Works products are excellent.
- Delia's is a cheap, stylish clothing and accessories botique for teens. I would enjoy almost anything out of that catalog on Christmas morning. (http://www.delias.com/)
- Skinny, metalic, headbands always come in handy to dress up a casual ponytail.
- When your princess goes back to school after the holidays, her new charm bracelet would become the envy of the class.
I hope this list will help you out a bit. Now, what to get Grandma?
Sunday, July 26, 2009
I made this delicious Key lime pie, and it turned out great!
1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks
2 tsp. Key lime zest
1/2 cup Key lime juice
1 (9- inch) graham cracker pie crust
1 cup whipping cream
3 tbs. powdered sugar
Garnish: fresh Key lime slices
Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together condensed milk, yolks, Key lime zest, and Key lime juice until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
Bake for 15 minutes or until pie is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until soft peaks form, gradually adding powdered sugar. Top pie with whipped cream. Garnish, if desired.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
- Heat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Combine butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add egg and continue to beat until well blended. Add flour mixture slowly. Using a rubber spatula, stir until mixed in. Pour in chips and stir untill completely blended.
- Using a table spoon, drop the batter in small mounds onto a baking sheet, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake about 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Yum!